Before Intravenous Anesthesia Sedation
Pre-Operative Instructions for Foothills Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery:
- Patient’s cell phone must be turned off during surgery.
- For your comfort, no hoodies or ponytails- hair to be left down.
- Please wear loose fitting clothing with sleeves which can be rolled up past the elbow, and low-heeled shoes.
- No facial piercings (ears, nose, tongue, lip, eyebrows, cheeks, etc.)
- Do not wear lipstick, excessive makeup, lotion or nail polish on the day of surgery.
- You may not have anything to eat or drink (including water) for six hours prior to surgery.
- An adult must escort the patient to the office, remain on the premises during surgery, and drive the patient home.
- The patient should not drive a vehicle or operate any heavy machinery for 24 hours following anesthesia.
- Please arrive 15 minutes prior to your surgery time.
- If you have an illness such as a cold, sore throat, stomach or upset bowels, please notify the office.
- If patient is 18 years or over and on a parents insurance, a parent must be present at the time of surgery.
- Brush teeth as normal.
- If you take routine oral medications, please check with the doctor prior to your surgical date for instructions.